With two weeks until the first race in our series at Ocean Downs on August 20, please keep in mind the following:
- Everyone (riders, trainers, grooms, and owners) racing at Ocean Downs and/or Rosecroft Raceway must be licensed by the Maryland Racing Commission. Maryland doesn't charge for licenses. More Information may be found here: https://www.dllr.state.md.us/racing/fees.shtml
- For the Meadowlands race, the trainers, grooms, and owners must be licensed as well as the riders. If the riders are not currently licensed by the NJRC in any capacity, they may apply for a CID license at a cost of $10. The application may be found here: http://www.nj.gov/oag/racing/downloads/licformone.pdf
In addition, trainers of horses to race at the Meadowlands must complete a Racing Application for the 2016-2017 racing season if they don't already have one on file. http://meadowlandsracetrack.com/uploadedFiles/2016-2017%20Racing%20Application.pdf
- Regardless of where a race is contested, a horse shipping in must have a current coggins test and a health certificate valid as per the respective track's rules.
- Entry for all races will be through their respective racing offices or online by the time listed on the condition sheet. RUS MidAtlantic can not accept your entries.
- MAKE SURE W-9s are submitted to the tracks by everyone potentially receiving payment from the tracks. The Tracks have the option of refusing entry or scratching a horse if the W-9s are not submitted in time.
LASTLY AS A REMINDER, THERE WILL BE A RUS QUALIFIER THIS THURSDAY, AUGUST 10 AT OCEAN DOWNS. YOU MUST ENTER EITHER ONLINE OR BY CONTACTING THE RACING SECRETARY AT OCEAN DOWNS NO LATER THAN 10 AM ON WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 9.